Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Another day, another what?

I have this dream that I will make a real life living out of here, but days like this make me wonder. I always check my counters in the morning hoping to see tons of avatar names beating my doors down. This morning? Not one! ZERO! Nothing! Right now there are other forces at play that non of us have any control over, but one thing I do know, real life economy affects our in world lives as well. I may have picked the wrong time to move Barefoot Apparel and expand. I have been told many times that you sometimes you have to take chances and I went way out on the proverbial limb on this one. But, its done and all I can do is ride this one out and hope for the best. I know that I am not alone in this thinking, but I admit that I am a bit nervous.

That being said, the work continues. I re-modeled a bit over at the head quarters location of Snafu. I tore down the old 'community' area and rebuilt it. I made it larger and then placed a 'micro' store for Barefoot Apparel. The idea is to do a complete remodel and make everything on one level. This will not be easy as Snafu is quite hilly and you can only terraform so far. I'm not keen on the idea of building a monolithic base 30 to 40 meters high to accomplish this, but in order to make things easy for customers and store placement, it makes sense. Barefoot Homes & Designs will get a new store eventually. I have decided to try the store that I used for Apparel when it was located there. Make some minor modifications to it and possibly join two of them together to form one large store. That is a ways down the road yet, keeping the present store open while I do this will be a good trick.

A lot of changes coming soon for Barefoot so stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. The new store over in Zeord looks fantastic! Everyone should come and take a look. A beach, Linden ocean on one side and a Linden canal on the other side. What more could one ask for?

    ReplyDelete